Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Favorite Food




Whenever I think back to the simple times, I think about how a tiny town could have all of its necessities when the whole town pitched in. Cute little shops and each town had a baker, a shoemaker, a butcher, some farmers probably, a blacksmith, a seamstress, and even a candlestick maker! I've always wanted to be the baker. My version of corporate America retirement would be to open a bakeshop & give cookies away to kids! I want to be that cute grandma that spoils the kids & makes pies for busy people!

One thing I've always wanted to do is bake bread. It's like the simplest, most basic food need for a simple family, and it's one of my FAVORITE foods! It's a HUGE culinary step for me. I tried banana bread last semester and it was delicious!

Here's the recipe from SimplyRecipes.com:

Banana Bread Recipe

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour

Ingredients

3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

Method

No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

Yield: Makes one loaf.



Since bread is one of my favorite foods, you'll be seeing it again. I would like to try something new. So look forward to Apple Bread, Cinnamon Pecan Bread, Cheese Bread pretty much anything that can be a muffin I'll find a way to loaf it! :D


Until we meet again,

Jess ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment