Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July: Simple Fun


Here's a truly simple dessert that'll make everyone stare down their plate, all the while they'll be excited to eat it: RAINBOW JELLO!!! HEEEEY!!!!

So I started this on FRIDAY and finished SUNDAY (my ADD is showing). But with dedication, you can do it all in one day. All you need is:

4 packets of various jello flavors
1 clear plastic bowl

I chose green-apple, strawberry, lemon and topped it off with blue raspberry.
SIDENOTE: my family already had green-apple and strawberry. I ran to the store Saturday and grabbed more flavors. Just emptying out the pantry first!


It's simple:

1) start with your 1st flavor (green-apple), mix and pour into the clear bowl. Chill for 4 hours (as indicated on the jello box).

2) mix your next jello flavor in a separate bowl and slowly pour in a circular motion into the clear bowl atop the 1st flavor. (pouring in one spot may break the previously chilled jello layer.

3) repeat these steps until the bowl is full. My bowl filled with just 4 boxes. Depending on the size bowl you have, you can do a full rainbow effect!

Another sidenote:

I'd like to add to this entry after giving this a try, but I believe it's possible to blend colors together to make new flavors between layers. This is possible, but with the temperature my fridge was set to, it was cold enough to chill the jello. However, each layer sweat a bit on the top, causing a tenth of the layer to blend into the next one. It was quite elegant actually! But I plan to experiment with this to see just how far we can go with such a fun dessert! :D


Hope you enjoy this jello treat as much as we did! Kids will love it for sure! Until we meet again!
Jess ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment