Saturday, July 30, 2011

Dark Chocolate Coconut Cookies

One word for you:
intense.


A couple days back, I was cruising through Blogger, checking out various other blogs and following a few. I came across an adorable baking blog with a Chocolate Cocoonut Chunk Cookie recipe. Three days later, couldn't find it again! :(




But no matter! I decided that I HAD to try these cookies. I knew Nestle always supplied a good recipe on the back of their packages. I decided to replace the recipe's call for nuts and add 1 cup coconut instead! So I grabbed a bag of Nestle Tollhouse dark chocolate morsels and set to work:

Amazing Dark Chocolate Coconut Cookies

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 package dark chocolate chips
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut [my revision]




1. Preheat oven to 375*F. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixing bowl until creamy.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
3. Stir in chips & coconut flakes. I chopped my coconut flakes to make them even smaller.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes until golden brown. This makes 4.5 dozen! :D


Adding the coconut turned out better than I thought! These cookies are by-far the best ones I've ever baked. And the softest. [Our theory behind this: the coconut] They have now been added to my favorite cookie list. Let me know if you've tried these or something similar and how they turned out!

Until we meet again,
Jess ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment